The Library Ice Cream Social is coming up fast so we pulled together some information to share with attendees/presenters. The information below is provided to give you the most update news regarding the conference.
1. Linked is the most up to date schedule. Please arrive before 1pm to register. Please note time changes for some events. Invoices are being sent out today to those that have requested them. Be sure to thank the presenters for their time when you see them. The conference couldn’t exist without those folks.
2. Pre-conference activities will be at the University of Idaho Library. Please note the time change, as it was previously reported that these activities would be at 10:30am.The free pre-conference talk about digital privacy starts at 10am in Room 212A (on the 2nd floor) and the tour of the first floor redesign including special collections reading room / makerspace area will be at 11am – – meet in the new Special Collections Reading Room on the 1st floor. Parking is free in Red, Blue, Silver, or Purple in the Summer (but NOT GOLD lots). The best place to park is behind the Law Library. I have included a parking map with that lot highlighted.
3. Lunch is on your own. Attached is a map of local eating establishments (and also the 1912 Center location). Moscow has some good eating establishments. I recommend Humble Burger, Bloom, and Maialina has nice lunch. Attachment: lunch map
4. The main conference location is the 1912 Center just off of downtown — see the attached lunch map for exact location. Everything starts at 1pm so be prompt. Our keynote speaker is Dr. Jonathon Richter who will be talking about learning and technology.
5. Prepare to have a good time. Bring with you a sense of curiosity, a smile, and a question or two. This gathering is meant for us to network and learn from each other.
The registration for the 2016 Library Ice Cream Social is now open.
The ice cream social will be held on Monday, June 13th at the 1912 Center in downtown Moscow, Idaho. The keynote for this gathering is Dr. Jonathon Richter speaking on: Immersed in the Situation of Knowing: Creating Context for the 3D Multiverse & Scholarship.
For your consideration: Updated Conference Schedule (5/26)
For your consideration the most up to date schedule: Conference Schedule (6/8)
The call for program proposals is now closed.
We are in the midst of finalizing our 2016 program and will have that information out to you soon.
In the meantime, I can tell you will have programs on comic books, data visualization, storybook walks, and other great stuff. The keynote for our conference will be Dr. Jonathan Richter, Chair of the Department of Arts & Design at Salish Kootenai College and Executive Director of the Immersive Learning Network (ILRN). The IRLN is an international organization of developers, educators, and research professionals across disciplines collaborating on the scientific, technical, and applied potential of immersive learning. Dr. Richter’s talk is titled: Immersed in the Situation of Knowing: Creating Context for the 3D Multiverse & Scholarship.
Look for registration to open some time in April.
Be the cherry on our sundae!
We are currently accepting program proposals.
If you would like to share something wonderful or cool at your library — here is the venue.
Last year we had presentations on comic books, library leadership, millennial library use, mystery books, and puppets. So feel to propose something that inspires you and you want to share!
Fill out the program proposal form here!
Please join the Idaho Library Association–Region 2 for our Annual Spring Region 2 Conference in Moscow, Idaho. Ice cream will be served on Monday, June 13th. The Library Ice Cream Social will be held at the 1912 Center.
More details coming soon. But for now, why not vote on this year’s ice cream flavors!